Home > 苏州性息 > Jye Parker sues Bar Beach Bowling Club and Carlton & United Breweries over beer keg explosion that cost him his left arm
18 Jun

Jye Parker sues Bar Beach Bowling Club and Carlton & United Breweries over beer keg explosion that cost him his left arm

Posted by Comments off

RECOVERY: Jye Parker in 2014 as he recovered from the beer keg explosion that blew off his left arm. Mr Parker has now launched legal action against Bar Beach Bowling Club and Carlton and United Breweries. Picture: Marina Neil JYE Parker – the man who lost his left arm when a beer keg exploded at the Bar Beach Bowling Club in 2014 – is suing the club and the beer supplier,Carlton & United Breweries, claiming they breached their duty of care.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

Mr Parker, who was lucky to survive the explosion in the cool room of the Kilgour Avenue club in October, 2014, has launched legal action in the NSW Supreme Court and is seeking damages, interest and costs as a result of the injuries he suffered.

Mr Parker claims the beer keg exploded as a result of being “over-pressurised” and that both the club and the brewery were negligent.

In astatement of claim filed in the Supreme Court, Mr Parker alleges that Carlton & United Breweries supplied Bar Beach Bowling Club a “party keg beer dispensing system” without any pressure regulating device –a risk of harm he says was foreseeable and significant.

READ MORE:Bar Beach explosion:Jye Parker’lucky to be alive’On October 10, 2014, a staff member tried unsuccessfully to set up the keg.

Mr Parker, who lived next door in the greenkeeper’s house at the time and was working as a bartender at The Delaney Hotel, was at the club on the night and was asked to help out, according to the statement of claim.

“[Mr Parker] inspected the keg and formed the opinion that one of the hoses connected to the [gas] bottle may have been blocked,” the statement of claim reads.

“[Mr Parker] used a shifting spanner to remove a fitting from the gas bottle, disconnected the hose and installed a second hose.

Bartender sues bowls club over beer keg explosion that cost him his left arm TweetFacebook Paramedics at Bar Beach Bowling Club after the explosion Picture: Jonathan Carroll“[Mr Parker] then reconnected the hose to the gas bottle and tested the system.”

A short time later the beer keg exploded, seriously injuring Mr Parker, who woke from an induced coma the next day to see his left arm had been amputated.

The statement of claim alleges the bowling club breached its duty of care by requesting or allowing Mr Parker to set up the beer keg when they should have known there was no pressure regulating device present.

In reply, lawyers for Bar Beach Bowling & Sporting Club have filed a defence which claims Mr Parker was“very experienced” at setting up party beer keg dispensing systems and should have known that a pressure regulating device was required.

“If [Mr Parker] has suffered injury loss and damage as alleged, which is not admitted, then such injury loss and damage was caused by [Mr Parker’s] own negligence,” Bar Beach Bowling Club’s defence states.

“The plaintiff failed to take reasonable care for his own safety.”

Carlton United said it supplied the club with a keg and cooler box but the club advised it would source its own gas bottle, gas lead hoses and pressure regulating system.

The civil suit will be heard in the Sydney Supreme Court next month.

While you’re with us, did you know The Herald is now offering breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up-to-date with all the local news – sign up here.

Categories: 苏州性息
Tags:
Comments are closed.